PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation question

Attraction
November 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Hey guys, sorry if there's already a thread regarding this. I used the search tool, and wasn't able to find anything helpful. Anyways:

I am installing off a mailed hard copy of Ubuntu 10/10. I'm going to be dual-booting with Vista. I'm able to boot off the disk while starting up, and can use the preview stuff fine. When I try to install, I run into a problem. It works fine until it starts asking for the general info (timezone, keyboard preferences, name, etc). When it gets to the third page (the one asking for your name, computer name, username, passwords, and startup preferences), the "forward" button will not activate, even though I have filled out all fields. I've tried restarting the computer and restarting the installation process, but I run into the same problem. The installation text at the bottom of the window gets to "ready when you are", but the button to progress still won't become clickable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tanks.

sikander3786
November 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome to Ubuntu and the Forums :-)

Your username cannot contain Uppercase Letter or any invalid characters.

Simply use attraction instread of Attraction and then you'll be able to proceed.

It is a known bug and has been fixed in the next release i.e, 11.04.

Happy Ubuntu-ing!

Attraction
November 19th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome to Ubuntu and the Forums :-)

Your username cannot contain Uppercase Letter or any invalid characters.

Simply use attraction instread of Attraction and then you'll be able to proceed.

It is a known bug and has been fixed in the next release i.e, 11.04.

Happy Ubuntu-ing!

You're my bro, bro. Thanks again for the help.

sikander3786
November 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM
You're my bro, bro. Thanks again for the help.
You are Welcome :-)

And there are going to be many queries by you in the next few days I know. Feel free to ask.

For the moment, you can mark this thread Solved using Thread Tools near the top of page.

Happy Ubuntu-ing!