PDA

View Full Version : When's 6.** coming?

btnheazy03
April 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I can't believe how awesome installing ubuntu turned out for me. It's truly a viable windows replacement
can't wait for the next release! (perhaps integrated Xgl support? nah .. . :-D )

graabein
April 19th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I think they're looking at the beginning of June? XGL/Compiz is supposed to be available from the repos. I don't know how much configuration will be neccessary but I'm definitely looking forward to it! :D

Sadly I'm afraid I have to wipe my system and do a clean install instead of upgrading. I still am having problems running 3D acceleration and I get a stupid XFree86 (or something) error that was supposed to be replaced by Xorg with Breezy? ](*,)

SSTwinrova
April 19th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Just to point out, there will be two 6. releases:

Dapper - 6.06
Dapper+1 - 6.10 (probably)

btnheazy03
April 19th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I think they're looking at the beginning of June? XGL/Compiz is supposed to be available from the repos. I don't know how much configuration will be neccessary but I'm definitely looking forward to it! :D

Sadly I'm afraid I have to wipe my system and do a clean install instead of upgrading. I still am having problems running 3D acceleration and I get a stupid XFree86 (or something) error that was supposed to be replaced by Xorg with Breezy? ](*,)
Too bad :(

I have 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' do everything for me

oh, and look at this:

http://xs77.xs.to/pics/06163/Screenshot-1.png

so beautiful :cry: i can browse my windows network fromubuntu! :cry: