PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wubi

sumitzz
November 18th, 2010, 07:51 PM
i installed ubuntu 10.10 inside windows Xp....but when i boot into it....i end up with a prompt... GRUB> ......what is wrong....??please help!!

bcbc
November 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Could be a number of things.

1. Did it ever boot?
2. Did something happen recently - a crash, or did you force a hard power off on the computer?
3. Is windows still booting fine?
4. Is there important data on the wubi install?

sumitzz
November 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
yeah!!!windows is booting fine!!!and no ubuntu never booted,,,,,it just shows me a prompt....Grub>.....no theres important data!!

sumitzz
November 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
yeah!!!windows is booting fine!!!and no ubuntu never booted,,,,,it just shows me a prompt....Grub>.....no theres important data!!

sumitzz
November 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
and computer didnt crash!!!its working fine!!!everything else is working fine!!!

bcbc
November 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
There was a problem like this during the beta testing of Ubuntu 10.10. But I thought it was resolved. At least, I haven't seen any report of it happening until yours.

All I can suggest is reinstalling.

If reinstalling doesn't work, try Lucid Lynx (10.04) instead. There's not a lot different between the two anyway.

sumitzz
November 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
ok!!i ll try 10.04.......can there be some installation issues like these because of some hardware problem?

bcbc
November 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
ok!!i ll try 10.04.......can there be some installation issues like these because of some hardware problem?

I doubt it. If there was a hardware problem you'd probably have seen a problem before rebooting to the grub prompt. The only issue you might have is if you installed to a usb or 'windows drive' that wasn't available upon reboot.