PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Issues, Install Ubuntu from Live USB not loading

Legeril
November 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 on my friends Dell Inspiron 1520, and the Live USB I have boots ok. But when I click the 'install Ubuntu' icon on the desktop nothing loads, could it be a problem with the laptop or my Live USB? Like I said everything boots ok, although the 'install or try' splash screen doesn't show up..

I'm very confused as the Ubuntu I'm using on my laptop was installed from the same USB.. Can anyone offer some insight as to what is going on here?

Thank you

miegiel
November 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 on my friends Dell Inspiron 1520, and the Live USB I have boots ok. But when I click the 'install Ubuntu' icon on the desktop nothing loads, could it be a problem with the laptop or my Live USB? Like I said everything boots ok, although the 'install or try' splash screen doesn't show up..

I'm very confused as the Ubuntu I'm using on my laptop was installed from the same USB.. Can anyone offer some insight as to what is going on here?

Thank you

Do the "check CD for defects" thing when you boot the USB (works for USB's too). Or try installing it without booting to "ubuntu live"

Hippytaff
November 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
How much RAM does the laptop have? I had the same problem with an oldish PC (256 Mb RAM) so I installed Lubuntu instead.