PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD Install Problem

MalcolmL
November 18th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I downloaded Ubuntu and burned it to a CD-There was no problem with that part. It starts to install asks about the partition then the keyboard. Then it just stops and does nothing. Any ideas

santosh83
November 18th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I downloaded Ubuntu and burned it to a CD-There was no problem with that part. It starts to install asks about the partition then the keyboard. Then it just stops and does nothing. Any ideas

Too little info to say. Can you perhaps give more information? What is the basic configuration of your system? I mean what architecture, memory and so on. Did you check the written CD for errors? And are you sure if the entire system froze-up or just the display (which can sometimes happen)? Is your CD work as a Live CD without any problems? Did you try switching to a virtual terminal to try and see if there were any messages from the system/kernel?

sikander3786
November 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
If it is 10.10, it might be doing that because you username contains an Uppercase letter or an ivalid character.

It is a known bug.

Try santosh instead of Santosh as your username and you'll get past that.

MalcolmL
November 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Too little info to say. Can you perhaps give more information? What is the basic configuration of your system? I mean what architecture, memory and so on. Did you check the written CD for errors? And are you sure if the entire system froze-up or just the display (which can sometimes happen)? Is your CD work as a Live CD without any problems? Did you try switching to a virtual terminal to try and see if there were any messages from the system/kernel?
Thanks for the assistance I do appreciate it. I'm going to have to come back to you when I find out about my system.