PDA

View Full Version : The first oddity I've ever found in Firefox

Artemis Fowl
November 18th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Not a complaint, and truthfully, this bug is kind of amusing. I was registering for Dropbox, I moused over the "Create account" and a little black bubble appeared saying "I want to kill windows but I'm still a gamer at heart"

That was certainly surprising, but then I remembered it was a thread I had clicked on a while ago. It seems that firefox has been remembering things I've clicked on, and, for whatever reason, displays it. Not that I'm interested in fixing it, (it's amusing) but does anyone know why this is happening?

wilee-nilee
November 18th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Look at the history and the cookies stored. Install better privacy and see how many super cookies are there. Personally I have FF set up to remember nothing, when it closes it is gone, and what may be still there bleachbit goes after. There may be still remnants but I do nothing on line that would endanger me economically, no on line banking, so it is just extra caution to set it up this way.

FuturePilot
November 18th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I'm betting this has nothing to do with Firefox and is probably some type of graphical glitch. Driver or Compiz or something.