PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WINE - desktop mouse/AWNdock stays on screen

djm0001
November 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I'll try to be as specific as possible here, but I'm at work right now and don't have access to my linux box, but my basic problem is playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of chernobyl on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. I installed it using PlayOnLinux and installed the 1.0006 patch, everything went smoothly and I can open the game fine and everything runs great. Like I said, I am at work and am unsure of the Wine version I have installed but I would assume the most recent.

Only problem I have is that my AWN dock at the bottom stays on screen and my desktop mouse does not disappear (I can't move it, but it basically just appears on top of the game, resolution changes to game resolution so I can't see the full dock). I have full control of the game and I have control of the in-game mouse, so there really are no functionality problems. Only issue is that the game does not become true "fullscreen". I have read a few brief threads about mouse warping, but I'm not positive if that is the same issue at all. My guess is this is either a compatibility issue with AWN/Wine or just Wine in general.

If anybody has any suggestions to try or if this a known issue with Wine please let me know, or link to another thread. When I get home from work I will post more information about versions and configuration settings but for now this is all I know off the top of my head. I'm assuming that this issue will also occur with other games under Wine, but for now I only notice it with STALKER (Steam/CS runs great). Thanks for the help and I apologize for being a newb.