PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How to make your brouser portable ?

zalletn
November 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I have a question about how to make portable apps such as web brouser.

for exampel i whant my (opera or chrome) to be on my usb-drive so i will be abale to run it in other linux computers. i think i found one chrome like that and file was .ranz
so i wanna know how to make so called portable brouser or other apps from whe original installer.

thx

uRock
November 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
If you install the tarball on the thumb drive and create the .mozilla folders on the thumb drive, then you would have to figure out how to tell it to look there for the .mozila instead of the local home folder. I am not sure how to do that last step.

zalletn
November 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
If you install the tarball on the thumb drive and create the .mozilla folders on the thumb drive, then you would have to figure out how to tell it to look there for the .mozila instead of the local home folder. I am not sure how to do that last step.

when i moving folder to usb-drive , i can start browser in my PC(Ubuntu 10.10x64) but it doest not start at my other PC (Ubuntu 10.10x32)

my preference to Opera or Chromium .... i want to have it on USB so i can run it at university on fedora 10x32