PDA

View Full Version : In a fight which Ubuntu animal would win?

Evil-Ernie
November 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Ok I left some out of the poll (10 max) but in a big scrap which of the Ubuntu animals would come on top?

I vote Breezy Badger as Badgers are the thugs of the woodland ;)

Spice Weasel
November 17th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Dapper Drake. Everyone knows ducks have superpowers.

Blutkoete
November 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Dapper Drake - as I just take "drake" for a dragon, not duck. Maybe it's a duck that was infected with the weredragon virus. Which would be a superpower.

cascade9
November 17th, 2010, 11:56 AM
1st- lynx.
Last- koala.

Verbeck
November 17th, 2010, 11:57 AM
where's the narwhal?

3Miro
November 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
where's the narwhal?

Check Google images, it is ugly.

Evil-Ernie
November 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
where's the narwhal?

Its a fish so is automatically disqualified as the imagined fighting arena is a woodland clearing, also mythical creatures are not listed as like God they dont exist!

Another point no animal is allowed any intervention by either Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer...

coffeecat
November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Its a fish

Whale, really? :shock: Not everything that has fins and swims in the sea is a fish. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narwhal

NightwishFan
November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
If not the Drake then the badger, they don't mess around.

Evil-Ernie
November 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Whale, really? :shock: Not everything that has fins and swims in the sea is a fish. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narwhal

Fish, Whale whatever, it isn't a beast suited to a land based fighting scene is it? :P

ukripper
November 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Shame that Dapper Drake wasn't actually Darth Donkey, it would have won hands down.

smellyman
November 17th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Badger......warthog is tough to tango with too.

a Lynx is smart enough to walk away from those two

coffeecat
November 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Fish, Whale whatever, it isn't a beast suited to a land based fighting scene is it? :P

I think I'd steer clear of even a beached whale. It could thrash around a bit.

But I am distressed to think of Ubuntu creatures fighting each other. Hardly in the Ubuntu spirit. :-s

:wink:

Paqman
November 17th, 2010, 01:41 PM

Depends. If it started with an altitude advantage i'm sure it could do some pretty impressive impaling and finish the fight in one blow.

So my vote goes for narwhal, if dropped from a low-flying aircraft.

t0p
November 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
For me, it was a toss-up between the warthog and the lynx. Both are reasonably sizeable, well armed (the warthog has those tusks, the lynx has its teeth and claws), strong, and aggressive.

In the end I voted for the warthog. It's dumb and brutish. The lynx is lucid, and therefore smart enough to try and slink away, but if cornered (or very hungry) it would take on the warthog and lose, impaled on those nasty tusks. The hog would take some serious damage, sure, and maybe wouldn't survive long after the battle, but its mass and brutality would enable it to outlive the pussycat.

coffeecat
November 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Depends. If it started with an altitude advantage i'm sure it could do some pretty impressive impaling and finish the fight in one blow.

So my vote goes for narwhal, if dropped from a low-flying aircraft.

Why only low flying? :p This below is not the right kind of whale, granted, but even a Narwhal could have done some impressive damage to the Badger, Koala, et al in similar circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M

Paqman
November 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Why only low flying?

Excellent point.

98cwitr
November 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
warthog would decimate all

Dragonbite
November 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
No Jackalope!?!

Actually the Lynx will win because if it loses the fight there will be a nasty repercussions because it's an engangered species!
:lolflag:

Little Bones
November 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Koala. It would wait for the Lynx to walk under its tree then drop onto the lynx's back and claw the **** out of it.

MasterNetra
November 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I would vote for the lynx, them kitties are some serious predators. But it could be a close fight between it and a badger. Could go either way I suppose. Koalas I hear depsite being cute are nasty little things with sharp claws. But I doubt it would come out on top.

guimaster
November 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
A Lynx really isn't that deadly I don't think. A Badger and a Meercat are both extremely dangerous animals. A Badger is just a mini Wolverine, is it not?

Nevermind, the meercat is not the animal I figured that it was. There is a type of cat that I read recently is potentially more deadly than a Wolverine, but I don't think it is the meercat according to my Googling.

Hmm... that makes things tougher... I would go with Badger as they can appear out of nowhere to attack an unsuspecting lynx/warthog. Otherwise they would be aggressive enough to scare off the Lynx and Warthog.

cascade9
November 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Koala. It would wait for the Lynx to walk under its tree then drop onto the lynx's back and claw the **** out of it.

You've been hearing the 'drop bear' stuff that the australian army is fond of telling foreigners? Its a joke.

Koalas are some of the most stupid, smelly, slowest animals I've ever seen. Its like a sloth that eats poisonous material. Even if the koala did manage to get on a lynx's back, its not going to last there long.....

BTW, I'm far more worried about wombats out in the bush. Neither of them are going to really to try to hurt you, but since I got taken out by a hairy-nosed wombat moving at speed I'm far more wary of them (40KG in a 35cm high package packs a lot of punch)

A Lynx really isn't that deadly I don't think. A Badger and a Meercat are both extremely dangerous animals. A Badger is just a mini Wolverine, is it not?

Nevermind, the meercat is not the animal I figured that it was. There is a type of cat that I read recently is potentially more deadly than a Wolverine, but I don't think it is the meercat according to my Googling.

Badgers are the same family as wolverines, but wolverines are much, much nastier. Thats why they got called 'gluttons' (gulo gulo, the latin name, means 'gluton glutton') and are associated with mythical european animals (like the 'gulon' from Germany and Scandinavia).

Evil-Ernie
November 19th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Has anyone got a spare Badger, Warthog and Lynx they don't mind getting back so we can resolve this? ;)

alababi
November 19th, 2010, 02:45 PM
narwhals narwhals
cause they are so awesome
like an underwater unicorn
they've got a kickass facial horn
they beat a polar bear in a fight
lol

Evil-Ernie
November 23rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Narwhals are disqualified for the reason they need 'outside' intervention to fight in a woodland arena, also Natty hasn't been released yet :P

Frogs Hair
November 24th, 2010, 12:51 AM
A badger will stand it's ground with most animals.