PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fave Maiden song ?

weasel fierce
April 19th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Mine is Paschendale, particularly the live version from Death on the road. Makes me shiver.

Close runner, Afraid to shoot strangers

ComplexNumber
April 19th, 2006, 03:26 AM
is that iron maiden? i used to like them when i was a kid, and my taste in music has progressed somewhat since then. however, when i did like them, i seem to remember my fave being Drifter.

mstlyevil
April 19th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Favorite is 666 Number Of The Beast. Close second is Run To The Hills.

http://us.ent1.yimg.com/images.launch.yahoo.com/000/004/790/4790803.jpg

ComplexNumber
April 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Favorite is 666 Number Of The Beast. Close second is Run To The Hills.

http://us.ent1.yimg.com/images.launch.yahoo.com/000/004/790/4790803.jpg if thats the album cover for number of the beast, its different to how i remember it. i bought the album around 1982/1983. i remember it being overall very blue with a large picture of eddy.

mstlyevil
April 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I got it off of Yahoo. That was the album cover they had listed for it.

Reaver
April 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Tough question to answer.. so many songs to choose from.. early maiden it's gotta be Fear of the Dark or Hallowed be thy name.

Also really love 'The Wicker Man'.

Stormy Eyes
April 19th, 2006, 11:59 PM
is that iron maiden? i used to like them when i was a kid, and my taste in music has progressed somewhat since then. however, when i did like them, i seem to remember my fave being Drifter.

My taste in music has evolved as well, but that doesn't stop me from putting in some Maiden and cranking my speakers to 11. Don't be a snob; rock out with yer **** out!

Here are my favorites:

1. "Die With Your Boots On"
2. "Ghost of the Navigator"
3. "Rainmaker"
4. "Infinite Dreams"
5. "The Prisoner"

ComplexNumber
April 20th, 2006, 09:20 PM
he
My taste in music has evolved as well, but that doesn't stop me from putting in some Maiden and cranking my speakers to 11. Don't be a snob; rock out with yer **** out!

Here are my favorites:

1. "Die With Your Boots On"
2. "Ghost of the Navigator"
3. "Rainmaker"
4. "Infinite Dreams"
5. "The Prisoner" hehe like yer description. i still listen to maiden-like music when the mood dictates. its just that such music isn't anywhere near the top of my list these days....and i love almost all music

Sheinar
April 23rd, 2006, 01:41 AM
Umm, I'm not sure about favourite, but these are the ones that get played most.

The Clansman
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Wrathchild

bonzodog
April 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
I was a HUGE Maiden fan back in the day, and my fave album was (and still is), "Powerslave". My fave track is on that album as well, "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner". For those of you who aren't well read, the song is based on a poem by Samuel Taylor-Coleridge of the same title. My next favourite after that is "Flash Of the Blade", about sword fighting and fencing, which Bruce Dickinson does professionally.

NightwishFreak
April 28th, 2006, 01:19 AM
RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER!!! Aces High being second place

dolson
April 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I dunno... I really love a LOT of their stuff.

I really like Wickerman and actually that whole album is amazing. But I also really loved all of the material with Blaze Bailey. And my favorite older album is definitely Somewhere In Time. Best older-school Maiden.

mstlyevil
April 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I have to say the older school stuff was the best Maiden ever put out.

Christmas
April 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I like Iron Maiden, in fact i am a rock music fan. I don't have just one song that I prefer. Here are some, in no particular order:

Strange World
Nomad
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Fear Is the Key
Wasting Love

I don't like The Number of the Beast album, despite it's one of their most appreciated albums.

LE: OMG I forgot: Viva Pink Floyd! ;)

Costas
April 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I have to say that i had all of their albums since Live after Death (1985-1986)...
the best songs for me???...i'd say

Hallowed be Thy Name (especially the live version), Rime of the Ancient Mariner, 22 Acaccia Avenue and Sharlot the Harlot...but all songs were and still are GREAT!

Kindred
April 28th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Afraid to shoot strangers or Run to the hills, I guess. I've not heard a large majority of their stuff, they are great though.

dosed150
April 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
hard question i mostly have their older albums i really cant chooe

MetalMusicAddict
April 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
METAL!!!!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/tat2ed311/horns.jpg

vertigo
April 28th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Got to be Run to the hills for me

Havoc
April 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Killers, for being so damn perfect,
Sign of the Cross for being so damn complex,
Seventh son of a Seventh Son for being so damn psychedelic.

:twisted: METAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

djsroknrol
April 29th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Run to the hills & The wicker man for me....

nalmeth
April 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
hit the lights!
oh wait, wrong group..

Seriously, I sort of dig maiden, but their sound never really progressed/advanced beyond their starting point. A maiden show get's kind of tiring (I don't mean from all the moshing).

They're cool, because they're a staple of early metal, and influenced the advance of much cooler bands.

hotani
April 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Rock on!

My favorite Maiden albums were the first two - Iron Maiden and Killers, but there's a lot of good stuff on the ones that followed. A few of my favs:

- Phantom of the Opera
- Strange World
- Aces High
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner (of course, guh!)

I've actually been going through a Maiden *revival* over the past few months since I went for about 20 years without listening to them. Wow, that sounded strange... I feel old now.