PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ubuntu boots and loads but then sets at a blank screen

Justin Smith
November 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM
OK me again! I just did and update to ubuntu and I loaded a bunch of flash drivers because I was trying to get the online game evony to work. I followed another thread that is on here about it. it told me to do this:
To fix evony crash problems
go to System>Admin>Synaptic
1. Search for swfdec,"mark for removal' to all
2. Search for flash,"mark for installation" to flash plugin installer

So I did this I found swfdec flies but could not mark them for removal so I left them alone. But I found something like 790 flash files.So I marked them all for installation. That took about 20 mins to do! So 35 mins later the install is done and everything works great! My evony game works again! Now I do some more looking around and find some updates for ubuntu to do so I install them also. Then I go about my merry way looking around and trying some games surfing the net and so on and so forth. Then the next morning (this morning) I go to turn on my computer for some early morning net surfing before work and it boots fine loads up with the ubuntu sign and the red dots then flickers to a blank screen with a cursor line flashing in the top corner and that's where it sets! So I am once again booted on the liveCD and searching the forum for help!

gordintoronto
November 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I suggest a reinstall. Then install the "restricted extras." Don't install a program unless you know why you are installing it.