PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem installing IE8 via Wine..need help.

MasterNetra
November 16th, 2010, 11:04 PM
While I have little interest in using IE for casual browsing I do needed it for testing webpages I make. But have hit a snag, the blasted thing won't install without its updates and can't snag them all automatically and when I uncheck the the install updates it won't go any further and changes its continue button (or whatever) to a download button that is suppose to I guess take you to the update(s) in question but can't a window for me. Anyone know this page or how to bypass this? And would like to avoid VMing the horrible experience that is XP...

fatality_uk
November 16th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Have you tried WineTricks? I think it had a IE install option? Not sure, check that.

MasterNetra
November 16th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Have you tried WineTricks? I think it had a IE install option? Not sure, check that.

Indeed it does, thanks and its installer did require the updates. lol Guess I just figured winetricks still only had up to IE7

MasterNetra
November 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM
hmm...guess that was a waste. IE8 won't even function for me. It loads up. But its always semi-frozen. You can type in the search and address bar but all you get a white area for a page and the tab is in perpetual loading mode, no icon animation, no nothing except for it claiming its loading. To top it off it never closes on its own either. I have to force close it via system monitor each time. So yea...that was a bust.