PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDCOP? Is it in Maverick?

zansatsu0
November 16th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Has anyone seen kdcop in Maverick? I have searched Google and the forums and I can't seem to find anything on it. ](*,)

It's ironic because if I man dcop, it makes reference to kdcop in the 'see also' section. But attempting to run kdcop or man it yields a command not found error. Does anyone happen to know what package supplies it?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere I missed.

Also, if anyone knows how to search packages and their contents, please let me know. It would be nice to be able to find this on my own so I don't have to add clutter to the forums.

I'm used to Slackware where all I have to do is look at the 'filelist' document that every Slackware FTP supplies. Debian and Ubuntu have an entirely different packaging system so I'm not familiar with it beyond the install/update/upgrade/etc. commands. Thanks again!

Update: D-Feet is what I was looking for as well as dbus-send and qdbus. From what I've read, the devs have no intention of putting this into Ubuntu, and that's fine. I found my own answer.