PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation never gets completed even though files are copied.. help!

Wejdan
November 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to install ubuntu netbook to my eee pc using a USB.. everything goes fine until it gets to the part (who are you?) when you have to fill your name, pc name and password..etc. It stays there forever! I can't press forward, the orange line that shows the installation progress freeze there and never reaches the end, and the note that shows what its doing becomes "ready when you are..." :confused:

p.s.
1- Copying files has completed
2- I know I did it right since I did the same thing for 2 computers, the notebook is fine but the netbook is still stuck in the (who are you?) window.

Can any1 help.. plz :)

Thank you,..

sky_ceiling
November 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
If i were you i would check the CRC of the image you downloaded, as it sounds like a bad image. Download it again just to be sure...

dino99
November 16th, 2010, 11:17 AM
add noacpi ( F6 if i remember) when installing

JamesSimpson
November 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Same thing happens to me, even when downloaded from Ubuntu website.

oldfred
November 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Are you using caps or spaces in your login name?

Wejdan
November 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM
If i were you i would check the CRC of the image you downloaded, as it sounds like a bad image. Download it again just to be sure...

Done.. & it worked..

thanks to all :)

Wejdan
November 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Same thing happens to me, even when downloaded from Ubuntu website.

I downloaded the file again and it worked.. so my best guess there was something wrong with the original file..

You can try that if you haven't already.. and see what happens