PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Login and other password problems with 10.10!

No Time
November 15th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I have recently installed 10.10 (64) on my toshiba L500.
I used 10.04 before and had no problems with this:

Recent problem:

The main problem now is that It doesn't ask for a password when you login to 10.10, at all! I just turn the computer on and after grub it goes straight into the desktop, skipping the login screen.
*UPDATE*
Strange, I did not change anything with login settings originally, except change login screen background. Yet I had a look at the settings and they were not what they were when I first installed. I have now set it correctly. Still, the problems as mentioned below are still prevalent.

Problem ever since installing:

What's happening is that elevated root user mode is working funny. Problems are that it doesn't drop root user mode at times in the GUI, and in terminal once you enter root mode it never prompts for your password even after you exit root mode and sudo su again. Wireless doesn't connect automatically because it prompts for (root) password THERE!

These problems are weird, especially the first one, maybe I'll go back to 10.04, any help appreciated!

whistlerspa
November 27th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I set my desktop up that way because I wanted to be able to go to the desktop directly, as that particular netbook is just my music centre. But it still wants the wireless password which defeats the object of the exercise.

I haven't been able to find a way round that. (using 10.10 netbook edition)