PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling Ubuntu 10.10 from Vista?

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM
How do I uninstall Ubuntu 10.10 directly from Vista?

searchfgold6789
November 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
If you installed Ubuntu from within Windows, I think all you have to do is uninstall it just like any other normal program.

If you did all of the partitioning and a full install, you will have to remove the Ubuntu extended partition, and then rewrite the Windows MBR using the Vista CD. (otherwise known as "Fix Boot problems")
I would do the partition deletion from within Vista, rather than from Ubuntu or from he Live CD.

The Ubuntu community wishes you a sad farewell.

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
All I did was use the Ubuntu Desktop installer here (http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer).

So how do I actually fully remove Ubuntu?

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Help?

Frogs Hair
November 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Go to programs in Windows and uninstall Ubuntu just like any other a Windows program. You may want to run disk cleanup an defag afterwards .

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Go to programs in Windows and uninstall Ubuntu just like any other a Windows program. You may want to run disk cleanup an defag afterwards .

I can't because it is it's own operating system outside of Windows.

Frogs Hair
November 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
If you used Wubi the windows installer shown in your link that is where you need to remove it . :confused: If you have traditional dual boot the procedure is different. The Windows installer , installs Ubuntu inside Windows . I have used 7 times in the last 8 months with friends that wanted to try Linux.

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
If you used Wubi the windows installer shown in your link that is where you need to remove it . :confused:

Wow. I'm such an idiot :-|
Thank you very much.