PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting Adobe Flash player to work with Google Chrome?

JesusSaves
November 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I recently set up Ubuntu 10.10 on my computer to dual-boot with Windows Vista. I have no experience with Ubuntu or any other Linux-based operating system.

So I installed Google Chrome on Ubuntu and it works fine, however, I can't get the "integrated" Adobe Flash player to play anything. I followed the troubleshooting directions here (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83950.html), but Flash player wasn't on the list of plugins in Google Chrome. Then I tried downloading and installing an archived version of Flash, but Chrome won't let me do that either.

What can I do to get Flash working?

searchfgold6789
November 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Uninstall Google Chrome and get Chromium Browser from the software center.
They are exactly the same thing, except Chromium will probably work for you :P

efflandt
November 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Are you running 32 or 64-bit Ubuntu? Although, Chrome is supposed to include its own version of flash, it does not in 64-bit.

I don't know if Chromium includes its own flash or not, because I am using 64-bit, and it automatically used the real 64-bit flash I put in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. Although, it should also work with flash if you install flashplugin-installer using Synaptic or apt-get.