PDA

View Full Version : Found a new download manager - Steadyflow

NightwishFan
November 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Found this project randomly on launchpad, and tried it. It works and looks pretty great so far. I do not know much though I believe it is like Shotwell and is written in GTK+ and Vala. It also has Ayatana integration with an indicator and notify osd.

The project description states:

Steadyflow is a GTK+ based download manager that aims for minimalism, ease of use, and a clean, malleable codebase. It should be easy to control, whether from the GUI, command line, or D-Bus.

To install in Lucid and Maverick, just add this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~sikon/+archive/steadyflow

For those that do not know how simply run this command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sikon/steadyflow && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install steadyflow

I am not involved in this project, I just like the idea and support any good software written in Vala, so I thought I would give it a nod.

beew
November 14th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Seems nice, I suppose it will auto resume? I have been looking for a download manager that auto resumes and supports metalinks. I found only the downthemall addon for firefox and k-get which would support metalinks. I wonder if steadyflow would.

NightwishFan
November 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Well being a download manager I am sure it resumes. I will do some more testing though. I am not quite sure what to download though.