PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Update/flash my Bios? 10.10 eeePC 1000h

Sxynerd
November 14th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I have looking to upgrade my BIOS on my 1000H eeepc. I have read several tutorials but none of them seem to make any sense to me.

I just downloaded the latest BIOS version "2204", it is a ROM file and now I don't know what to do with it.

Here is the Tutorial:

Go to Asus website, click on Downloads and select your hardware from the list, then select your operating system. The operating system is not important when it comes to BIOS updates, but this option will give you a list of all drivers for your PC and your OS, so you can download them as well if you need any.

Once you’ve downloaded the bios update file, unzip it and rename it to 1000H.ROM and copy the file to a CD/DVD or to a USB drive.

Needless to say, plug in the power adapter, you definitely don’t want to lose power while upgrading BIOS.

Plug in the USB drive or an external CD/DVD drive with a disk containing 1000.ROM file and reboot. When you see the EeePC setup screen (grey) that prompts you to press F2 if you want to enter setup, press Alt+F2.

The setup will scan any attached storage devices for the .ROM file and once it’s found it will start the upgrade process. The upgrade takes about 2-3 minutes and at the end you’re asked to press the power button to restart the computer.

Thanks,
Wolvee

Sxynerd
November 15th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Can anyone help me?

Sxynerd
November 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I don't know the site rules about bumping a thread for help but it's been 19 hours and it is not on the first 5 pages of the section anymore and I still need help

Frogs Hair
November 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I built my desktop and have an Asus mobo and the instructions were in the board manual , which you may find online . Asus also has bios update software for certain models but I think it is only windows compatible.I found A how to , but it's not very detailed.

http://www.silvermac.com/2010/eeepc-1000h-bios-update/

Sxynerd
November 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I built my desktop and have an Asus mobo and the instructions were in the board manual , which you may find online . Asus also has bios update software for certain models but I think it is only windows compatible.I found A how to , but it's not very detailed.

http://www.silvermac.com/2010/eeepc-1000h-bios-update/

Yeah, I found that same website, unfortunately though there is no way that I can find to do it through Ubuntu. :(

The only resolution I can find is by installing windows again, scrapping Ubuntu and then do another install of Ubuntu. I am a linux noob and it already took me 3 months to get the wireless working and to get the system to were I want it, mostly.

Sxynerd
November 16th, 2010, 11:01 PM
That website seems to have been Spot on. I guess I didn't try it like I thought I did. It really was as easy as it made it sound. I will quote the aricle in order to have a reference for any other individuals.

Go to Asus website, click on Downloads and select your hardware from the list, then select your operating system. The operating system is not important when it comes to BIOS updates, but this option will give you a list of all drivers for your PC and your OS, so you can download them as well if you need any.

Once you’ve downloaded the bios update file, unzip it and rename it to 1000H.ROM and copy the file to a CD/DVD or to a USB drive.

Needless to say, plug in the power adapter, you definitely don’t want to lose power while upgrading BIOS.

Plug in the USB drive or an external CD/DVD drive with a disk containing 1000.ROM file and reboot. When you see the EeePC setup screen (grey) that prompts you to press F2 if you want to enter setup, press Alt+F2.

The setup will scan any attached storage devices for the .ROM file and once it’s found it will start the upgrade process. The upgrade takes about 2-3 minutes and at the end you’re asked to press the power button to restart the computer.