PDA

View Full Version : Free mini-PCI laptop wireless adapter

anewguy
November 13th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I replaced the old wireless adapter in my old cheapy laptop (I got an old Gateway 200STM for $40 off craigslist). The adapter that was in it, an Agere Systems wireless adapter, website seems to indicate this is b only, and the driver will support WPA - I use WPA2 so I needed an updated adapter. I know in Windows XP Pro it installed just fine - never tried in ubuntu but would assume it will need a driver - possible the Windows XP drivers and ndiswrapper.

UPDATE: nobody has contacted me, so it's now open to anyone in continental U.S.

PM me with your name and address. First reply gets it and I'll mark the thread as "solved".

Dave ;)

anewguy
November 15th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Did the edit, then realized it wouldn't bump up in the queue just because of an edit, so adding this post:

PLEASE NOTE: NOBODY HAS CONTACTED ME ON MY ORIGINAL OFFER TO SOMEONE WITH LOW INCOME, ETC.. BASED ON THAT, I EDITED THE ORIGIANL POST AND WANT TO REITERATE HERE:

FREE TO *ANYONE* IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. SHIPPING BY THE CHEAPEST WAY I CAN FIND.

Dave ;)

uRock
November 15th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Moved to the Cafe, as it isn't a support request.

Cam!
November 15th, 2010, 01:59 AM
EDIT: Sorry. I thought you were referring to the Laptop itself.

anewguy
November 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM
uRock - thanks! hopefully there will be a good reply now!

For anyone who might want to know:

Agere Systems model MPC13A-20/R "B" only - no "G" or "N"

Dave ;)

anewguy
November 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Huummmmmm......I know "B" only is a mark down, but I really thought someone could use this for free. Oh well, no replies - so I'll just close this and toss it.

Dave ;)