PDA

View Full Version : gtk root mac tool

n3cr0
November 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM
sooo i been toying with c/c++ for the time being and made this tool i use pretty much everyday took bash commands and executed them with a click of a button .,. made it in gtk to boot so has a nice gui to it but the problem is i still have to boot it from the terminal and enter my root password which is bother some cause its still entering 2 lines then a click of a button i actually disabled my sudo pass just cause i got fed up with it but anyways when i try to make the program have root access i get this error when executing the program after :

Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

create a helper program ?????? well i googled alot over it for the last couple of weeks and came up with nothing although i did see others posting the same thing but no real answears (or just answers i don't like or couldnt follow more likely) that i decided to post this .,,.,..,.

okay soooo for my sample code that i would gladly put here and i know what most of you are going to say cause i see it all over the place " the system function is horrible!! "
yes i know but for the time being i really don't care i could always buy another computer and i'm not sharring this program with anyone ugh please bare with me guys i do appreciate any help i get from this forum for which i have the up most respect for the programmers that brings this open source community to life.

code upon request

n3cr0
November 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM
yeah thought i found something that worked but didnt editing reply for which it was wrong information