PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Trouble Installing

DRADA
November 12th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I have been trying to install the Ubuntu Netbook edition onto my laptop without much success. Every time I attempt to install, it wants me to reboot my laptop but, nothing seems to happen and my laptop reboots normally. I have attempted to boot from a disc but, that doesn't seem to work either. I am on a Fujitsu, not sure about the specific model.

I apologize if this has already been posted and solved.

spiky001
November 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
HI Have you set the machine to boot from cd? in bios

ppv
November 12th, 2010, 10:47 PM
If it is not the case then you would have to burn the disc as an iso too.

DRADA
November 13th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I guess I am not doing it right because it is not working. That or it just won't work like that. How would I burn in it to a disc as an ISO?

ppv
November 13th, 2010, 05:14 AM
To check whether it has been burnt in a required format you could view the contents of the disc on a running system ...any running system...if the content on the disc is the same iso file as you downloaded then it wont boot. You would then have to burn a disc as an iso. In the burning software there would be an option which would say something like burn an image to disc or burn an iso to disc. Use that option and then reboot.

If it still does not boot into the bootloader with linux options then you would have to check whether the disc is listed above the primary hard disk in the bios boot device options. You can access the bios by pressing a key at immediate startup. Which key to press would be mentioned in the startup screen.

DRADA
November 17th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I have discovered my problem. The disc is working now, however, my disc drive appears to be bad and I am not sure I will be able to find a replacement for it. My laptop may be too old for replacement parts to be found in the common places. :<