PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 problems

Mirkovich
November 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hi everybody.

I just want to report some things that behave not exactly as they supposed to.

- I've just rebooted my system and look what happends to the show desktop icon:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3249/pantallazoed.png

It happends from time to time that at reboot time the show desktop icon sometimes looks ok, and sometimes it shows only half of the icon. This time it showed half of it and half of the next icon. The bottom show desktop icon seems fine.

- I've rebooted because my touchpad went crazy after i wake up from hibernate. When i clicked, it sometimes pasted and sometimes copied what was on clipboard.

- Hibernate is damn too slow to wake up. On my XUbuntu (10.04) system, it was really fast. In my new acer notebook it takes ages to wake up.

- Wireless is kinda buggy when I use hibernate. On my prior system, it FIRST disconnected the wireless, and THEN hibernate. In 10.10, when I hibernate, and after I wake machine up, it keeps trying to reconnect to the same wireless it was (and I usually hibernate when I'm going somewhere else).

- When on the main screen shows Ubuntu and four dots changin their colors when the system starts or shuts down, there are programs that still show messages (like the Cherokee webserver).

- It is annoying that when somebody talks to me in pidgin, it pops the window in front of my face, no matter what i was doing (even if I'm writing)... and to make it more annoying, the window pops up but without getting focus (so if I try to write on it, i write on previous window; but can't see what I'm typing).

- Hate not having OSS.

November 12th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hi everybody.

I just want to report some things that behave not exactly as they supposed to.

- I've just rebooted my system and look what happends to the show desktop icon:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3249/pantallazoed.png

It happends from time to time that at reboot time the show desktop icon sometimes looks ok, and sometimes it shows only half of the icon. This time it showed half of it and half of the next icon. The bottom show desktop icon seems fine.
I'd suggest upgrading or enabling your hardware drivers. If you have them enabled, maybe revert to an earlier version.

- Hibernate is damn too slow to wake up. On my XUbuntu (10.04) system, it was really fast. In my new acer notebook it takes ages to wake up.
- Wireless is kinda buggy when I use hibernate. On my prior system, it FIRST disconnected the wireless, and THEN hibernate. In 10.10, when I hibernate, and after I wake machine up, it keeps trying to reconnect to the same wireless it was (and I usually hibernate when I'm going somewhere else).
Have you filed a bug report?

- It is annoying that when somebody talks to me in pidgin, it pops the window in front of my face, no matter what i was doing (even if I'm writing)... and to make it more annoying, the window pops up but without getting focus (so if I try to write on it, i write on previous window; but can't see what I'm typing).

You can turn this off in the preferences.