PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shift-delete or running *.sh freezes

Loreno
November 11th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hello!

My OS is Ubuntu 10.04 desktop. I've got GeForce 9600GT with new driver installed (not Recommended, but the newest)

My problem is: When I want to delete sth with Shift+delete I see window "Do you really want to delete this file (or sth like that)?"
-YES- -NO- No matter what button I click it just freezes - the nautilus window containing file, which I wanted to delete gets dark and all I can do is using app-killing aplet from panel. When I do this the situation is:
- icons from desktop disappear
- clicking right mouse button od desktop doesn't work - there's no menu (Create new folder, Change background, etc.)
- I can't open any nautilus window from Places (I just see "Running Music" (for example) and after several seconds it disappear

The same things happen when I try to run ****.sh file (for example OrtaConfigurator.sh - file used to change options of Orta theme). WHen I run this file I get windows, that lets me: Run, Run in Terminal, Close. No matter what I choose it freezes... Ihave to use "kill" again.
IF I want to use system normally I have to restart computer or log out an log in.

Is there any solution for that?

P.S. I hope you understand what I wanted to tell you, my English isn't good