PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] kpackagekit systray notifier, failed to obtain authentication.

fldc
November 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I have a problem updating packages when using the kpackagekit systray notifier, it fails with the error "failed to obtain authentication".
I've looked around and can't find any log output of this.

If i start kpackagekit from the menu it all works fine, but not this way.

This is with kubuntu 10.10, upgraded from 10.04, it did actually work before. :(

hellnest
November 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I have a problem updating packages when using the kpackagekit systray notifier, it fails with the error "failed to obtain authentication".
I've looked around and can't find any log output of this.

If i start kpackagekit from the menu it all works fine, but not this way.

This is with kubuntu 10.10, upgraded from 10.04, it did actually work before. :(

It's look a bug. It's happen to me also. Try to update to latest SC 4.5.3 and see if it works or not.

fldc
November 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
It's look a bug. It's happen to me also. Try to update to latest SC 4.5.3 and see if it works or not.

That's what i am using now, so that doesn't help :D

hellnest
November 11th, 2010, 03:35 PM
That's what i am using now, so that doesn't help :D

Tips from me :

Open terminal and install aptitude :D That old pal's is the best package manager IMHO :):popcorn:

fldc
November 11th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Tips from me :

Open terminal and install aptitude :D That old pal's is the best package manager IMHO :):popcorn:

I already do use aptitude, i just want **** to work. Things not working annoys me, i want it fixed, sometimes i just want things to be a click away :D