PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu For All

jacky.alcine
November 11th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Guys, ever since I've joined the Ubuntu community starting at Lucid Lynx; I've learned so much about FOSS and all of its components. I just wish that it could evolve more.

That's what project Evolve comes in. I want to see Ubuntu not only with a powerful application system, but a more radical improvement down to the kernel. I wish I still had this video to link you guys to; but open-source technology is incredible. The doors it has opened for everyone across are so large.

I'm working on an incredible feature, ranging from all aspects of Ubuntu, from GNOME/KDE/XFCE down to the standard applications. I want to help, if not start, a wave of innovation within the Ubuntu - no - maybe, Linux itself. I'd dedicate all of my programming time, energy and power into this project if I can find up to 9 committed persons.

Who's with me?

cipherboy_loc
November 11th, 2010, 03:45 AM
I use Perl mainly, but I can re-learn C++ and further my knowledge of Python. Just give me a project to start, and a web site (other than launchpad (which is the worst for uploading files to...) ) to upload them to.

Cipherboy

jacky.alcine
November 11th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I use Perl mainly, but I can re-learn C++ and further my knowledge of Python. Just give me a project to start, and a web site (other than launchpad (which is the worst for uploading files to...) ) to upload them to.

Cipherboy

Perl's excellent for a plug-in system, in scripting and those sort.
And I can use a DropBox. But I'd need your e-mail address to share the folder with you.

jacky.alcine
December 3rd, 2010, 04:23 AM
*bump*:popcorn: