PDA

View Full Version : I'm back :)

ilovelinux33467
November 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM
After distro hopping since July (trying out openSUSE mostly) I am back on Ubuntu. openSUSE is an awesome distro and I have no complaints about it at all but I feel at home with Ubuntu since it is the first Linux distro I used back in 2005 and I'm used to it (know how to use package manager etc...). Only difference now is that I will be using Kubuntu instead of Ubuntu because after distro hopping I fell in love with KDE but I still am a big fan of GNOME. Downloading Kubuntu 10.10 32 bit and 64 bit now and can't wait to install it :)

Thanks

NightwishFan
November 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Welcome back. Prepare to be amazed. Kubuntu 10.10 is great. I was half tempted to switch back to kde. :D

Zlatan
November 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Welcome back. Prepare to be amazed. Kubuntu 10.10 is great. I was half tempted to switch back to kde. :D

Funny to read that when my home laptop and a netbook are switched to Kubuntu 10.10, only laptop for doing my job is left on regular Ubuntu 10.10 :) But is only because of lack of time and company's CRM not-compatibility to Webkit (does not work with Rekonq and I love to use KDE apps in KDE distro). Oh yes, and Koffice not-compatibility with MS Office...

Also I wonder (I'm not a programmer, developer or designer) by the detail of all elements in KDE. It is so easy on eyes in comparison with GNOME or XFCE. Is it just me or there are some things in graphics? And will this difference remain when Unity will come?