PDA

View Full Version : A moment of genius? - iDep-Prep (Copyright me by the way)

fatality_uk
November 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
So I was just chatting to a mate who's first child is due in February. As a result of this conversation I have just this second come up with the following idea.

If I get time (doubtful but hey) I might try and write this.

The following application is designed to help prospective parents acclimatise to the reality of having a new born child.

Introducing i-dep-prep (i - sleep deprivation preparation)

The app would have up to 10 different baby crying sounds which will randomly play through the night. Times can be set between say 10pm and 6am and it would launch a randomly selected sound file and the screen would flash. The sound won't stop until the phone is picked up and held for 10 seconds!!

*I would need to investigate how many times a night a baby cries. Answers please.

Any feedback welcome.

whiskeylover
November 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Lol awesome idea. I'm a new dad, so I can tell you that in the first 4 months they wake up every 2-3 hours to demand they be fed. After that they usually sleep through the night (mine sleeps for 12 hours at a stretch)

While you're at it, have the app make you go through the diaper changing process every 3-6 hours. Have an option to feed the baby too everytime it wakes up.

Grenage
November 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I congratulate you on what sounds like the most sadistically tortuous application ever devised. :)

fatality_uk
November 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I congratulate you on what sounds like the most sadistically tortuous application ever devised. :)

Twists silent movie villain style mustache!! Muuuhahaaa

Oxwivi
November 9th, 2010, 07:00 PM
It's a great idea, but to do a good job of the general timing, I think a survey would be the best solution.

MooPi
November 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds more like a comedy skit for television. Love it just the same, thanks for the laugh, you sadist. :twisted:

CharlesA
November 9th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I guess they weren't kidding when they said "There's an app for that!"

;)

fatality_uk
November 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Downloading Android SDK right now...

Spice Weasel
November 9th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder if there is a virus that does this.

lisati
November 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
You might be able to get some inspiration here (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080417171237AAh4T4p) and here (http://www.realityworks.com/realcare/realcarebaby.html) - just a couple of many places where people have contemplated similar ideas.

johntaylor1887
November 9th, 2010, 10:01 PM
It wouldn't prepare the parents for anything, they would just be more worn out by the time the baby arrived.

Npl
November 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
sounds like you want to reinvent tamagotchi`s

handy
November 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM

I agree.

It would have done well during the cold war.

Dustin2128
November 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I'll have to stick this on people's phones while they sleep. The apple thought police will probably sue you out of existence for putting i before the name of a program though.

Austin25
November 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I would so make my parents buy it... oh wait, I'm up all night anyways, why don't I just do it? hehe...:twisted: