PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gigabyte P55A-UD4P Dual Gigabit Lan

skozzy
November 9th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I seem to have so much bad luck with Linux over the past few years, first ubuntu 9.4 stopped my laptop wireless from working , later ubuntu 10.4 trashes my Intel ICH10 Raid, now I try Ubuntu 10.10 and now my Lan ports no longer detect any cables with this Gigabyte P55A-UD4P board.

I started the LiveCD and noticed first attempt to install froze the pc, so I rebooted and tried again, this time it installed but was not connecting to a network on either of the 2 Gigabit ports.

I went back to Windows7 to find it to no longer detects cables plugged in. Then went to bios for the lan test and it says the same. I swap over several cables and nothing was working. So I tried a known faulty cable (possible broken wires), and it is detected. Several swaps later with my laptop and all the good cables tests fine with the laptop, the bad cable wont work, but now it's totally oposite for the PC.

When I boot to Ubuntu 10.10 it gets mac address so it is reading the network card on the main board, but for some odd reason it now wont detect any good network cables.

Im stumped as to what's going on. Anyone got some ideas?. The dual lan are 8111 realtek chip(s).