PDA

View Full Version : My XBox 360 Red-Ringed... Again :(

BrokenKingpin
November 9th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Just feel like venting a bit. My damn 360 has red-ringed for the 4th time now. This is just getting ridiculous. I have to say I am pretty pissed off. I have gotten it replaced for free each time it has broke so far, but it is just so annoying to have to ship it away and not get it back for 3+ weeks. How can MS get away with such **** hardware, it is absurd.

I am not sure I can get it replaced for free this time, in which case I will probably just sell all my games, I have had enough.

MasterNetra
November 9th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Just feel like venting a bit. My damn 360 has red-ringed for the 4th time now. This is just getting ridiculous. I have to say I am pretty pissed off. I have gotten it replaced for free each time it has broke so far, but it is just so annoying to have to ship it away and not get it back for 3+ weeks. How can MS get away with such **** hardware, it is absurd.

I am not sure I can get it replaced for free this time, in which case I will probably just sell all my games, I have had enough.

1, Sell Xbox360 & Games

2. Buy a Wii

3. ???

4. Profit (And get in better shape)

MooPi
November 9th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I work for UPS and your Xboxes are a great money maker for us. Thank you for breaking your Xbox for a fourth time. Your not alone with the issue because I've picked up and redelivered systems to many homes. :(

Quadunit404
November 9th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Oh damn, that sucks dude... I had a 360 Elite (one of the first made back in 2007) and it RROD'd in 2009. Microsoft was kind enough to send me another one for free... and my copy of Call of Duty: World at War too (probably because my first Elite was pre-Jasper and they were low on parts for pre-Jasper models.) That's the only RROD I got so far.

Maybe you should try to get one of the newer 360s. They fixed the RROD (mostly) when they introduced the Jasper chipset.

I know how much it sucks to have your consoles just break like that. But hey, it happens, even if we don't want it to.

theraje
November 9th, 2010, 04:19 AM
1, Sell Xbox360 & Games

2. Buy a Wii

3. ???

4. Profit (And get in better shape)

Or get a Kinect for your (soon-to-be-replaced) XBox 360. It costs almost as much as a Wii, and is far less reliable.

Hmm... yeah. Just do what MasterNetra said.

doorknob60
November 9th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Get a PS3. I'll admit mine broke once (blu-ray laser got messed up or something), but none of my friends that have PS3s have had any problems, and I got it fixed for free and other than that it has been rock solid, no problems :)

WeAreLinux
November 9th, 2010, 06:05 AM
PS3 here....no problems :).

user1397
November 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
geez it happened to me twice and i finally sold it a few months ago.

the second time was the week halo 3 came out...i almost personally went on a shooting rampage in redmond, washington

Oxwivi
November 9th, 2010, 06:39 AM
PS3, Japanese tech FTW!

weasel fierce
November 9th, 2010, 06:50 AM
My buddy's first 360 died quickly. THe second one has been good for about a year now.

NightwishFan
November 9th, 2010, 06:51 AM
My Xbox 360 did not last beyond a few months before it refused to read CDs. I was not impressed. :/

Nothing to do with Microsoft hating though, I was actually a Windows geek back then.

amitabhishek
November 9th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Just feel like venting a bit. My damn 360 has red-ringed for the 4th time now.

Try an X-Clamp fix (http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html), if you can or get a PS3.

fualad
November 9th, 2010, 07:13 AM
After my first gen got the rrod I did the xclamp fix and replaced the heat sync with a $10 buy off ebay, runs to this day.

Doesnt hurt to rip the two cases off and add some fans from a nearby pc.

*Voids warranty*

NCLI
November 9th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Two PS3s here, and no problems with either one. If I were you, I'd sell my 360 and its games, then use the money to buy a PS3 and the best games for it, as rated by Metacritic.

It's quiet, it plays blu-ray, streams Netflix(Without PlayStation Plus, whereas you need Xbox Live Gold for this on the 360), connects to DLNA networks, let's you play online and access the PlayStation Store for free, and there's no power brick :D

Joeb454
November 9th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I had a 360 Premium from about August 2006, RROD'd in late 2007 - MS fixed it and sent me a free month's Xbox live because I'd not had the console for a month.

It finally died again early this year, and I replaced it with an Elite, we were running out of space on the HDD and it was out of warranty - so far, no issues whatsoever with the elite. Runs quieter (seriously), and the power brick is less...brick like :)

BrokenKingpin
November 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
So Microsoft is going to fix it for free, but it going to take a few weeks before I get it back :(

As for the suggestions of getting a Wii, no thanks. I have no interest in motion control gaming... it is all just so gimmicky. I have entertained the idea of getting a PS3, but the 360 has all the games I want, and I do not want to fork another 300-400 bucks on a new system... and I have no use for Blu-ray.

Donalt2010
November 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Same happened with my xbox 360 it died on me a few times then i finally bought an elite which hasnt broke on me yet fingers crossed! Sold the other xbox to a mate and its still running pretty good aswell. I have thought of getting a ps3 before but i love my xbox.