PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia X server res 1440x900 ok, monitor layout 640x480 only

bluesrock
November 8th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Hello!

I'm pretty new to ubuntu, I use xp a lot because some production software etc.
I am familiar with some terminal basics and some other stuff so recently i tryed to upgrade the nvidia mx 4000 driver, install went fine but when i restart i get message ubuntu running on too low graphics, then i get the screen keep running like that this session only, restart X and so on...
When i enter the nvidia setup from gnom menu all is just fine, high graphics enabled...
after that i've added my custom resolution 1440x900 which works and ubuntu (10.04) turns it on but then the screen becomes too small (too large pixels) and i got to sail over the screen picture to get to another side, so i have noticed that the screen layout remains 640*480 and my layout is 1440*900 on the layout preview, the screen layout is much smaller and is located on the upper left side... I guess there is a problem with the screen resolution recognition? My monitor is a lg flatron L194WS connected on D-sub, it has an dvi which i don't use because of the vga (the models on internet reviews actually don't have a dvi mentioned but maybe is a diferent model for diferent countries?)

Many thanks in advance!