PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 10.10 nvidia driver problems.

blackmail
November 8th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I have installed the new nvidia drivers from the restricted thing that popped up and the computer worked nasty, after that i removed them and went to the nvidia page, downloaded the .run version of the appropriate drivers required for my graphics card and initiated the /ect...gdm stop command to stop X, after that i entered the console and made a chmod +x [nvidia_driver].run and a ./[nvidia_driver].run, the installation went fine, i rebooted with the shutdown command and when the system should have been loading, it just froze... but it reacts to Ctrl+Alt+Del, just that this command does not facilitate entry in the OS...
Can anyone help with this, i also would like to mention that before i have used envy i heard that this has been replaced by jockey but nothing.
Anyone having a solution for my turmoil?
thank you in advance

DirtyPC
November 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
you might need to configure the xorg.conf file...

blackmail
November 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Well the nvidia drivers where configured during the installation. Or so did the thingy say. Anyway if you could please point me towards the solution or a description on how to configure the xorg file. One of the few things i just can't understand are those files.

blackmail
November 10th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Ok i solved the problem nicely...

chris7mb
November 16th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Ok i solved the problem nicely...

...and that would be???

davedaveh
November 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
I'm curious too