PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Desktop Program Errors

ConvWin
November 8th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I have some issues with the desktop display. Lucid Lynx 10.04 Kubuntu KDE, Ran some updates on system this morning, then shut it down for a bit. When I restarted the system I have several things that are happening.
1 - No min/max/Close buttons in upper right corner
2 - cannot move windows around desktop or resize
3 - I had 2 desktops, now there is only one
4 - keyboard does not work when trying to input commands in Terminal or in "Alt-F2" window.
5 - When I open a program, it does not show up in the menu bar either
6 - Menu, 1 can't see it half the time to chose a program because it is covered by the Systems setting window.

I have enough disk space, everything was working fine this morning before I shut down. Shutdown went smooth, no crashes of system notified. Idk. :confused: I did do some searching, but I don't have kwin or metacity in usr/bin. It has to be the X-org but every time I mess with it I have to redo my system.

This is very frustrating. I'm fairly new to Kubuntu. I like it, but if I keep having these type of problems it's not worth it. :sad: May have to go back to Win7!!!!!!

Also I have blocked updates in Systempackagekit, but they are ClamAV, why can't these update?? I did search and it said to update it via terminal, so I did that.

Please help - and thank you.

ConvWin
November 8th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Does anybody have anything to help me with this????

Or is it just best to re-install Kubuntu??

thanks.