PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How can I reinstall gnome files from kubuntu?

tridentblack
November 7th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I set up Kubuntu today because the keyboard input was messed up in GNOME, due to some file being corrupted. Does anybody know how to replace GNOME files in Kubuntu? I'm new to it, trying to find my way around.

Thanks!

sikander3786
November 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Does anybody know how to replace GNOME files in Kubuntu? I'm new to it, trying to find my way around.

Hi. Which files do you want to replace? Can't quite understand that statement...

tridentblack
November 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hi. Which files do you want to replace? Can't quite understand that statement...

Hi. All I know is that my keyboard stopped working in GNOME, but not kubuntu (KDE) or at the login screen. I am assuming some GNOME file became corrupt, because it used to work just fine and works in KDE. So I am trying to find a way to replace gnome files with non-corrupt versions.

sikander3786
November 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Hi. All I know is that my keyboard stopped working in GNOME, but not kubuntu (KDE) or at the login screen. I am assuming some GNOME file became corrupt, because it used to work just fine and works in KDE. So I am trying to find a way to replace gnome files with non-corrupt versions.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop

sudo apt-get install -f

sudo dpkg --configure -a

should do that.