PDA

View Full Version : COD Black Ops!

waloshin
November 7th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Who's getting it and who's not?

And why?

markp1989
November 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Pre ordered last week :) got the dispatch notification about 1hour ago...hopefully it will be here early on tuesday as i dont have lessons on that day

spoons
November 7th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Is this not just Modern Warfare 3?

NCLI
November 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Nah. Don't really like FPS'.

waloshin
November 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Is this not just Modern Warfare 3?

No Invision Ward will make MW3 in 2011.

Shpongle
November 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I played it in a friends on Friday , Its not great if I'm to be honest. The gameplay is not a fluid as mw2 was. I will get the net infinity ward one and give this a miss.

zer010
November 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Nope, just don't have anything to play it on. :(

Lancro
November 7th, 2010, 10:08 PM
No, the best call of duty was call of duty II.

Dustin2128
November 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Nope. RPG>FPS.

NCLI
November 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
nope. Rpg>fps.
+1

red_Marvin
November 8th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Nope, I don't have the hardware to run it.

NightwishFan
November 8th, 2010, 02:24 AM
No, because COD is the new Halo. A fps played by every 10 year old in the world. Did I mention it is so simple they can get better than you at it?

Bölvağur
November 8th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I dont play games any more

Mr. Picklesworth
November 8th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Nope, because their multiplayer is horribly designed and that's obviously their focus now.

(Reward the stronger players with things that make it easier for them? What idiot thought that was a good idea? I thought we had this figured out with Mario Kart!)

v1ad
November 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Only on PC, where i can have dedicated server support. where i can kick annoying kids... and run a tactical mod :D

Khakilang
November 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Nope since my main PC is using Linux and no dual booting. Is there a similar version in Linux?

mamamia88
November 8th, 2010, 05:38 AM
It's on consoles too duh. But, no I won't be getting it. I have played the same game twice already don't need to play it a third time.

ericmc783
November 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM
No, because COD is now the Madden NFL Football of the FPS World (i.e., now that activision fired the top guys from infinity ward, and has taken over full control..... they are gonna milk the COD franchise for every last dollar they can get out of it. release after release after release).

3rdalbum
November 8th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Goldeneye 007 looks much better, so I'll buy that instead.

WeAreLinux
November 8th, 2010, 06:32 AM
No, because COD is now the Madden NFL Football of the FPS World (i.e., now that activision fired the top guys from infinity ward, and has taken over full control..... they are gonna milk the COD franchise for every last dollar they can get out of it. release after release after release).

Yup. Every dam year there's another COD! That's another $60, plus the money u have to spend on DLC's. It's a rip-off IMO. Can u tell I'm a "cheap *** gamer"?,lol. I'll wait for Killzone 3.

I'll rent COD games mainly for the offline mode.

DoktorSeven
November 8th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Not a fan of realistic/semi-realistic shooters. I think there's enough real violence in the world, I don't feel like simulating it in a game.

Over the top, unrealistic shooters are fine, though. I can play Doom every single day forever. Oh wait, I have. :)

pwnst*r
November 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Yep.

Muffinabus
November 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM

Agreed. Bought CoD4 before I knew they were going to release a CoD4 2, CoD4 3, etc...

What's the draw with this one anyways? What does it bring that the other two don't?

waloshin
November 8th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Agreed. Bought CoD4 before I knew they were going to release a CoD4 2, CoD4 3, etc...

What's the draw with this one anyways? What does it bring that the other two don't?

New maps, new game play, new players.

What does every new sports game bring such as Nfl 2005 - 2010+?

Ctrl-Alt-F1
November 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Not a fan of realistic/semi-realistic shooters. I think there's enough real violence in the world, I don't feel like simulating it in a game.

Over the top, unrealistic shooters are fine, though. I can play Doom every single day forever. Oh wait, I have. :)

I'm starting to feel the same way. I have a hard time justifying games where I kill human beings when it's not so far fetched from what people do in the real world every day.

(Not a political statement of my views on war, simply my views on video games).

Goldfissh
November 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm starting to feel the same way. I have a hard time justifying games where I kill human beings when it's not so far fetched from what people do in the real world every day.

(Not a political statement of my views on war, simply my views on video games).

That's part of the point though - to simulate these type of situations, making it into a game which is fun to play and is also fairly realistic.

Verbeck
November 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
too realistic for my liking. also the 'no russians' campaign in the last game was sick

Muffinabus
November 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
New maps, new game play, new players.

What does every new sports game bring such as Nfl 2005 - 2010+?

There's a reason I don't purchase sports games, it's all the same thing over and over. So the fact that these two games specifically are comparable, what does that say about the franchise? And how much can the gameplay really differ? Is there anything NEW in the game that couldn't have just been a CoD4 mod?

I more so enjoy games like Counter Strike Source, where you purchase the game and the game's value is held for over 6 years now.

Goldfissh
November 8th, 2010, 11:59 AM
too realistic for my liking. also the 'no russians' campaign in the last game was sick

Dude, it was hilarious. You have to draw the line between real life and fantasy at some point, and playing a video game isn't the same as walking through an airport with a big *** gun IRL.

NightwishFan
November 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
If that part did not make you at least a bit upset then you might want to rethink things a bit IMO.

Johnsie
November 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about getting it, but I bought Red Dead Repemption and Bady Company 2 last week so I'm probably going to leave it a few weeks. I love Halo Reach.

It nearly killed me handing money over for a proprietary x-box, but I'm really glad I did it.

Bölvağur
November 8th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Nope, because their multiplayer is horribly designed and that's obviously their focus now.

Wait few weeks and PAM and PROmod will be available. There is no reason to be playing on some public servers with noobs.

pwnst*r
November 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Goldeneye 007 looks much better, so I'll buy that instead.

You do mean "looks" as in "It looks like it will be better" and not visually, correct?

NightwishFan
November 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Old games are more appealing, ah I love not having billions of pixels whizzing past me. Good times.

pwnst*r
November 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Old games are more appealing, ah I love not having billions of pixels whizzing past me. Good times.

He's not talking about the original, which is such a great game.

NightwishFan
November 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
:( They did some crappy remake? That failed with Perfect Dark as well.

pwnst*r
November 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
:( They did some crappy remake? That failed with Perfect Dark as well.

Not sure if it's crappy, but from some of the reviews, it certainly isn't the original. Wii only.

Dawei87
November 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM
i said after MW2 (which i didnt buy, but played at friends houses) that none were better than cod2, and id never buy another one. but i have to say, im really tempted to play the zombie mode...