PDA

View Full Version : Aren't they going to change the wallpaper for Dapper?

elijahclarity
April 17th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I had been getting a bit curious so I wanted to ask:
Are they going to keep the same wallpaper in Dapper too?
Wouldn't that be a bit boring? Why not a new wallpaper?
Kubuntu seems to have changed its wallpaper but what about Ubuntu?

And why is it that even the Ubuntu/Kubuntu DVD do not seem to have
that many packages like Wine, Anjuta etc.? I think they certainly
can include those things on DVD to make things easy for us.
So why not?
I hope things change with Dapper:)

mostwanted
April 17th, 2006, 03:51 PM
They ARE chaning the wallpaper. The default splash screen and wallpaper have "This is not the final artwork" plastered all over them :)

Ubuntuud
April 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM
EDIT: mostwanted beat me to it.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM
I had been getting a bit curious so I wanted to ask:
Are they going to keep the same wallpaper in Dapper too?
Wouldn't that be a bit boring? Why not a new wallpaper?
Kubuntu seems to have changed its wallpaper but what about Ubuntu?

And why is it that even the Ubuntu/Kubuntu DVD do not seem to have
that many packages like Wine, Anjuta etc.? I think they certainly
can include those things on DVD to make things easy for us.
So why not?
I hope things change with Dapper:)
Do we honestly care about the wallpaper ? Should we stop developing dapper to change the stupid wallpaper ? You can change the default to your own wallpaper. It's not that hard. And they won't include the DVD/AUD codecs because that would be illegal and then Ubuntu would cost $ 10-15.

Iandefor
April 17th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Do we honestly care about the wallpaper ? Should we stop developing dapper to change the stupid wallpaper ? You can change the default to your own wallpaper. It's not that hard. They didn't even stop development ;)- the new wallpaper got included in a batch of updates.

I'll post it as soon as I can.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
They didn't even stop development ;)- the new wallpaper got included in a batch of updates.

I'll post it as soon as I can.
I was making a point that all some people do is find fault in everything. And could you please upload that wallpaper ? I would like to see what it is like since I am no longer dual booting dapper and breezy.

Iandefor
April 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I was making a point that all some people do is find fault in everything. And could you please upload that wallpaper ? I would like to see what it is like since I am no longer dual booting dapper and breezy. Yup!

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=2450&original=1

I'd have included it as an attachment, but it's a little less than twice as big as what the forums allow. Ignore the crane and the "This is not the final artwork!" and it's quite a nice background :).

Point taken about the finding faults thing.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yup!

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=2450&original=1

I'd have included it as an attachment, but it's a little less than twice as big as what the forums allow. Ignore the crane and the "This is not the final artwork!" and it's quite a nice background :).

Point taken about the finding faults thing.
I like it :) I am looking forward to Dapper's release.

hesee
April 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM
It's not a big thing, but it's little more than just a wallpaper. For new users, it's part of the first impression they get about ubuntu. And first impression is always important.
Anyway, quite nice wp. Of course I will change it immediately because it's brown ;)

mostwanted
April 17th, 2006, 04:54 PM
It's not a big thing, but it's little more than just a wallpaper. For new users, it's part of the first impression they get about ubuntu. And first impression is always important.
Anyway, quite nice wp. Of course I will change it immediately because it's brown ;)

I think it's closer to bordeaux than brown this time.