PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] keyboard does not work after upgrade to ubuntu10.10

danielblw
November 7th, 2010, 02:14 PM
hi

I just upgrade my ubuntu to 10.10, but the keyboard does not work any more, the mouse is working fine. really appreciate it if someone can give me some help to fix it. thanks

Daniel

bedihardeep
November 7th, 2010, 03:28 PM
hi

I just upgrade my ubuntu to 10.10, but the keyboard does not work any more, the mouse is working fine. really appreciate it if someone can give me some help to fix it. thanks

Daniel

Try shift+ctrl+numlock.

danielblw
November 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
i just tried shift+ctrl+numlock, it did not work.

bedihardeep
November 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
i just tried shift+ctrl+numlock, it did not work.

try this at least u can get into your desktop and figure out something
first use the on-screen keyboard to log in to Ubuntu.

When you come to the login screen click on the "Universal Access Preferences"Icon (It's the little guy in the circle) on the bottom tool-bar to the left of the date and time.

Then click on the pop-up that says "Universal Access Preferences". Then put a check mark next to "Use on-screen Keyboard".

Reboot and you will have an on-screen keyboard that works.

go to system > preferences > keyboard .........and play with settings see if it works

danielblw
November 8th, 2010, 12:54 AM
yes, i tried that too, check and unchecke very option, but none of them works. I guess it is the bug from Ubuntu 10.10.

bedihardeep
November 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
yes, i tried that too, check and unchecke very option, but none of them works. I guess it is the bug from Ubuntu 10.10.

I find this check this
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1475792

am using 10.10 as well

i suggest you to contact admin or

i did fresh install not upgrade

may be u can do a fresh install as well with all the hardware plugged in

good luck

ioargento
November 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Any solution over here? i'm still not able to use Ubuntu since the upgrade to 10.10 in my HP Pavilion DV5, keyboard is dead and I'm able to use the touchpad but not ok!