PDA

View Full Version : 10.10 Acer aspire one install fail

finlaymurray123
November 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I tried to install ubuntu 10.10 NBR on an acer aspire one and the install crashed, it is a known problem but my main problem is that the 250gb SATA is partitioned in two
and then i deleted linux swap and the ubuntu 10.10 partition to make free space.
a) how can i resize the windows 7 (dreadful OS) to what size it originally was
b) if i install an older version of ubuntu (10.04) will it boot up as if i chose the partition alongside other OS or will i have to install a bootloader (I have never done a specify partitions install)
C) is it that acer aspire one's cant load any version of ubuntu (I know a mad idea as ubuntu has many drivers and should work with it.)

Thanks
fin

finlaymurray123
November 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I tried to install ubuntu 10.10 NBR on an acer aspire one and the install crashed, it is a known problem but my main problem is that the 250gb SATA is partitioned in two
and then i deleted linux swap and the ubuntu 10.10 partition to make free space.
b) if i install an older version of ubuntu (10.04) will it boot up as if i chose the partition alongside other OS or will i have to install a bootloader (I have never done a specify partitions install)
C) is it that acer aspire one's cant load any version of ubuntu (I know a mad idea as ubuntu has many drivers and should work with it.)

Thanks
fin

finlaymurray123
November 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Thanks
fin

finlaymurray123
November 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
plz i need help,
thanks to anyone who does help me

lunatico
December 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for the same solution. Did you ever figure it out?

In my case I have no partitions or anything, eventually the installer crashed and says:
We're sorry; the installer crashed.