PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000

_outlawed_
November 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Does anyone else use this mouse? I just purchased it recently from Staples online store, and played around with it for a few minutes and noticed that the wheel is extremely hard to move.

Anyone else experience this with the mouse? Does it get easier to use as it gets used? I'm most likely going to be having to use this mouse soon enough, as my current Logitech wireless is dying and the bottom pads are falling off.

skierkyles
November 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I had the mouse for about 2 years, and I found the scroll wheel really easy to move when I got it. But after about a year and a half, the rubber around the scroll wheel feel off and jammed the wheel.

So make sure the rubber part is in good condition, and not ripped anywhere.

Joeb454
November 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I used to have a Microsoft IntelliMouse - I had it for about 2-3 years before replacing it. The reason for replacing it was because the scroll wheel had gotten stiff/difficult to move as you describe.

If you've just purchased it, it might not hurt to look at sending it back for a replacement.

Alternatively, look up some reviews online and see if it's a common problem

_outlawed_
November 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I had the mouse for about 2 years, and I found the scroll wheel really easy to move when I got it. But after about a year and a half, the rubber around the scroll wheel feel off and jammed the wheel.

So make sure the rubber part is in good condition, and not ripped anywhere.

Hm, it feels "sticky" to me...maybe Microsoft produces it differently now than they did when they first came out with it.

And I had already taken it apart and checked for any defects like that before reassembling the mouse back together. It's pretty much in perfect condition except for the sticky wheel. Oh well, guess I'd have to get used to it. ;p

koleoptero
November 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah a friend has bought it and it is very stiff. As much as I adore the keyboard, the mouse just plain sucks.

_outlawed_
November 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
One last question....

For anyone that has/has used this mouse, how well does it work on ubuntu?