PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem with ubuntu firefox browser

zaralockwood
November 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM
situation is - I left my browser open over night on hotmail live using firefox, in the morning I clicked on a window that said unresponsive script - the sort that used to pop up on windows connected with a javascript not working - anyway I clicked stop script and the firefox browser 'glazed over' i.e crashed - so I hit the forced quit option and since then firefox hasn't been working properly - i.e it starts up then freezes - so I can't go into tools, or start a new session, I can only force quit.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it via the ubuntu software center, but the problem is still there - I am writing this on a seamonkey browser - but would really like my firefox back as it has all my bookmarks and stuff on.

- is there a bug of some sort with firefox on ubuntu if you stop a javascript that has crashed ?

I'm a newbie to this operating system so I'm looking for a simple fix rather than anything that involves command lines or coded stuff, thanks! :confused:

lovinglinux
November 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
See Fixing a problematic or corrupted profile (http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.com/2010/05/fixing-problematic-or-corrupted-profile.html)

Austob
February 14th, 2011, 11:36 PM
hey i am having the same kind of issue with firefox. every time i visit hotmail.com and check my email when i go to close the tab the system hangs for a few moments and then it says it is not responding and asks me to stop the script. the only change i have made that could explain this is setting up my evolution mail. but this happens regardless if evolution is running or not so im not really sure where the problem is. anyone have an idea?.

jerrrys
February 15th, 2011, 12:04 AM
hi austob

you should of started your own thread, this one is dated.

you can remove evolution (evolution-common only) and see if the problem persist. don't know what this will do to any custom settings or files when you reinstall