PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Home Media Center like Hulu or Netflix

jsmkbunch2000
November 5th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I'd like to know if there is any kind of program that will do what hulu or Netflix does, create a log in and account for users and be able to watch movies from your own home computer media center of your choosing, and perhaps even access on-line when out of town traveling. Something like what Netflix has. Where you can go to a page, select a movie, and it will play it in a browser window. I'd also like to be able to access it from anywhere with a high speed connection when I am away from home from a laptop or something that is on my home network without having to download it or share it as file. When I go to my Netflix "Watch Now" movies, they start right up and you can even fast forward, pause, or choose another movie. Is there anything that I can set up to make my own home movie media center that can do this? Or anther example is like hulu.com. Is there something that can do this for personal use? And that might even be able to allow different users to "login in" and watch an entirely different movie of their own selection at the same time??? All from my home network and movie and media files?

I currently use ubuntu 10.04.