PDA

View Full Version : Best way to put video on a website?

GreenDance
November 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hi, I was wondering, if someone could tell me please, what's the best way to put video onto a website (for free) (a player) in Firefox.

Thank You :)

_outlawed_
November 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=633&q=embed+video+into+website&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=Ca5qalrfSTJLsAo3MhQTuw8CQCwAAAKoEBU_Q9hK3

Zzl1xndd
November 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
There are lots of easy ways to do it, and it depends on your needs. But I guess the simplest way is to just upload it to Youtube and use the Embedded link.

irv
November 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I have my own web server and I just upload them to my server and run from the URL. See my signature. The link there will take you to a video on my server.

GreenDance
November 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I have my own web server and I just upload them to my server and run from the URL. See my signature. The link there will take you to a video on my server.

I am going to have to look into that, ogv, it looks clean, quality is nice, :)

Spice Weasel
November 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Plus, it's a fully free + open format, which is a plus.

Paqman
November 4th, 2010, 04:23 PM
what's the best way to put video onto a website (for free)

The easiest and most widely supported would be Youtube.

GreenDance
November 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm trying a html test of a ovg video, when skipping forward, it jumps back then goes to the forward point, for example, if the video is at 03:06 then i go forward to 15:23, the video goes to 15:23, then jumps back to 03:06 for a 2-3 seconds then jumps back to 15:23 and plays, why is this?

this is strange, it's not happening now, it's working as it should be, but what would cause that to happen before?

kaldor
November 4th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I'm trying a html test of a ovg video, when skipping forward, it jumps back then goes to the forward point, for example, if the video is at 03:06 then i go forward to 15:23, the video goes to 15:23, then jumps back to 03:06 for a 2-3 seconds then jumps back to 15:23 and plays, why is this?

this is strange, it's not happening now, it's working as it should be, but what would cause that to happen before?

You mean <video> tags on HTML5 I assume? If that's the case, try it in Google Chrome. I had that problem on Firefox when I was messing with HTML5 tags.

GreenDance
November 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
You mean <video> tags on HTML5 I assume? If that's the case, try it in Google Chrome. I had that problem on Firefox when I was messing with HTML5 tags.

sorted, thanks :) :KS:popcorn:

irv
November 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM

I use an application called "recordMyDesktop" you can find it in the package manager or the software center. That is what I used to create the ogv file. It is very simple to use.
174539 174540

GreenDance
November 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
This is strange, this is what's inside my test html file...

<video src="A_Digital_Media_Primer_For_Geeks-360p.ogv" controls="controls">
your browser does not support the video tag
</video>

It works fine in firefox, but not chrome, does anyone know why please?

samalex
November 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Easiest is Youtube, uStream, or similar sites. If you have the right tools, most of which are freely available if you check Google, you can save your video so it'll play on any Flash-enabled browser. Depends on how involved you want to get.

irv
November 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
This is strange, this is what's inside my test html file...

<video src="A_Digital_Media_Primer_For_Geeks-360p.ogv" controls="controls">
your browser does not support the video tag
</video>

It works fine in firefox, but not chrome, does anyone know why please?
I just fired up chrome and ran the ogv file I have in my signature and it runs just fine. Maybe you are missing a plugin or something.