PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Backup and Restore

hewjr1000
November 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Good morning, afternoon or evening, depending where you are:P

Today I face a new challenge, I need to be able to backup and restore my hard drive.

Currently I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed. What I would like to do is similar to what you would encounter in windows vista. In vista you can create a restore point, then at a later date, if things go wrong, you simply restore to a previous date and or point.

I have to do this because I cannot store image externally.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Henry

yiannis66
November 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
U can do ot by the "Deja Dup Backup tool"
You can find it in the Software Center

Mark Phelps
November 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
There is no System Restore capability built into Ubuntu as there is in MS Windows. Instead, we handle backup and restore using add-on products.

Personally, I've found Clonezilla to be a good tool for doing backups and restores -- but it does a whole drive or partition, it doesn't just do changes.

Other will recommend remastersys -- but I haven't used that.

2603Munna
January 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Without backing up of any data..., is there anyway to restore ubuntu back to the previous state

2603Munna
January 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
When opened my ubuntu laptop today it asked for updates ...,when i asked to update it asked that some of the files are being conflicted and or you sure to install the following packages .........., without caring abt what happens i installed them......and after that my wireless driver went offff........when i switch on the wireless adapter it was not showing any sign of it's on or off.......,

Is there anyway to restore ubuntu back to a previous state as the case of System restore in windows ?