PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Where did my shade animation go?!

FokkerCharlie
November 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hello!

Since upgrading to maverick, I no longer have a shade animation. It was working splendidly in Lucid, but now, if I trigger the shade, it just snaps up. No nice, smooth rollup that I like. Screenshot attached of my compiz animation settings page.

I'm sure that I've missed something stupid- thanks in advance for pointing it out!

Charlie

FokkerCharlie
November 4th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Whoops!

Forgot to attach. Now fixed.

Charlie

mcduck
November 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
change the "type=Any" to "any".

Or, actually, the default setting for this is "(type=Normal|Dialog|ModalDialog|Utility|Unknown)"

FokkerCharlie
November 4th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the response, mcduck.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to have worked. Still the same. I don't know what I can be missing! Updated screeny attached iaw your suggestion, also tried 'any'.

Any more clues?

Charlie

mcduck
November 4th, 2010, 09:34 PM
no,m that's pretty much the only option Compiz has for the effect.

Are you sure you are actually running Compiz at the moment? It really should work with the settings you now have.

Try exporting your settings from CompizConfig Settings Manager and then switching to one of the default profiles in Gnome's Appearance preferences. That should sort out any possible configuration problems (and if it doesn't fix the issue, you can just load your current settings back).

FokkerCharlie
November 4th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hmmm.....

How strange. I found a profile that I saved last year, imported it, and it now works. There's no difference to the animation options that I can see.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, mcduck. Much appreciated.

Charlie