PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pink Screen of Death

otherethe
November 4th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Ok heres the problem im haveing!!!!!!!!
when i load up world of warcraft the game and start to play with then a short time both of my screens randomly turn pink i have to click my reset button to even get anything to happen aka force restart my computer
Im runing a Nivida gtx280
I know it has to be the drivers due to the fact i wasnt haveing this problem befor i upgraded Im runing drivers 260.19.12 it's also 64bit, Now i know for a fact it's the drivers
due to when i was runing 10.04 I upgraded to the 253 are w/e it was and it started doing it I had to down grade to the 195 something dont rember the number off hand but i downloaded thoes from the website yet again this time but it says i cant install the 195 something about cant find nivida.ko are something i dont rember off hand i just know i cant install the sobs with the sh nvida.run stuff any one out there who can help plz do i really dont wanna have to go back to a diffent os but i will I've been trying to find info on this matter for awhile now as a matter fact i havent even really been able to play my game for over a month now hoping maybe something would come up upgradeing to 10.10 was not the best idea i have ever had they call it a 10 outa 10 but it's more like a -10 outa 10 sorry but it is i've had notthing but problems sense i upgraded i know the programs are trying there best and all I also give them prob on what they do but on 10.10 the've been super fail even with the gdm login screen they kinda went backwords on it not getting into details about it just google if you wanna know what i mean anyways it may not even be Ubuntu due to the fact i am getting the drivers from Nivida website even still the Drivers Ubuntu had was doing same thing
*HELP

wilee-nilee
November 4th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Wow not a period or punctuation in site. It would be helpful to break that text into understandable sentences with paragraphs. I am usually the last to comment on this area as I am not all that skilled myself in english composition.

I suggest this as you have a unusual problem and the way it is written will cut down the responses I suspect.;)

tommcd
November 4th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Wow not a period or punctuation in site. It would be helpful to break that text into understandable sentences with paragraphs.
Otherethe,
You really should try to compose your posts more clearly. I gave up trying to decipher your post about one third of the way through it.

akand074
November 4th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Otherethe,
You really should try to compose your posts more clearly. I gave up trying to decipher your post about one third of the way through it.

Agreed. I think its an accomplishment just getting through that.

Upgrades are often unstable from personal experience, I always recommend you do a clean install. You just said you know its a driver issue but can't install the drivers. I don't see why you can't? I think your best bet is to just do a clean install going back to 10.04 and the settings you had when it was working because in all honesty it seems like its going to prove far too difficult to collaborate with you to troubleshoot the issue.

otherethe
November 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Agreed. I think its an accomplishment just getting through that.

Upgrades are often unstable from personal experience, I always recommend you do a clean install. You just said you know its a driver issue but can't install the drivers. I don't see why you can't? I think your best bet is to just do a clean install going back to 10.04 and the settings you had when it was working because in all honesty it seems like its going to prove far too difficult to collaborate with you to troubleshoot the issue.

alright maybe this will be clear for you

When I run World of Warcraft my screens randomly turn pink crashing my system
I know for a fact that it's the drivers because when I ran 195 on 10.04 they worked fine when I upgraded the drivers to 253 it started with the pink screens of death so I downgraded again to the 195 a few months later 10.10 came out I downloaded 10.10 formatted my system to do a clean install the Drivers 10.10 give me was doing the pink screen of death the 195 will not install on 10.10 and not sure why nothing under 253 will install on 10.10 Does this help you any?

Quackers
November 4th, 2010, 05:58 AM
It seems to me that you have a couple of options. The first one is to return to 10.04 and the 195 nvidia driver. The second is a fresh install of 10.10 and see if the newer drivers will install and run ok. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

otherethe
November 4th, 2010, 06:16 AM
It seems to me that you have a couple of options. The first one is to return to 10.04 and the 195 nvidia driver. The second is a fresh install of 10.10 and see if the newer drivers will install and run ok. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

lmfao thanks I guess but i kinda already knew that bro hints why Fedora 14 has only 13 mins left of download time left

Quackers
November 4th, 2010, 06:18 AM
lmfao thanks I guess but i kinda already knew that bro hints why Fedora 14 has only 13 mins left of download time left

Ah yes, there is a third option. Give up :-)

otherethe
November 4th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Ah yes, there is a third option. Give up :-)
Lmfao no im not giving up on Ubuntu by any means but im not about to use a out of date system because my drivers dont wanna act right on there system <3 has and will for ever be my heart of hearts of the Unix world Im downloading Fedora to test on there system to A see if it's Ubuntu it's self are B see if it's the drivers from Nivida So dont miss read my statement of downloading Fedora

-nat-
November 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Do you have any sort of compositing enabled? (System > Preferences > Appearance > Visual Effects tab) Try turning it off and running WoW. I have no clue if it'll make any difference, but it's worth a shot.
A keyboard with full stop and comma keys may also be useful.

otherethe
November 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Do you have any sort of compositing enabled? (System > Preferences > Appearance > Visual Effects tab) Try turning it off and running WoW. I have no clue if it'll make any difference, but it's worth a shot.
A keyboard with full stop and comma keys may also be useful.

Ok so after alot of trail and error I've found out it's the 32bit drivers that is doing this not the 64bit ones the game will not even run with out the 32bit installed drivers when the .run file ask to install them if you select no game will not run I know it's the Drivers and not Ubuntu due to the fact I installed fedora 14 installed the same drivers there it to has the same problems So if anyone knows of a .deb file with just the 32bit drivers for 195 this would really help ALOT I dont want it to effect my 64bit ones because they work just fine so if theres anyway of doing this plz someone help and if you cant understand how i've typed this out are how i've explaned this let me no as well i know im not the best speller and i know i dont have the best grammer so if i need to reword it with google I shall but hopfuly you guys will get what im talking about

otherethe
November 12th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Someones gota know something about this ;-/

otherethe
November 12th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Someones gota know something about this ;-/

Still no go huh ;-/