PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compaq tablet install boot problem...help

cheesekiller
November 4th, 2010, 03:46 AM
i have a compaq series tc1100? its a tablet pc meh

it had windows and ubuntu 10.10 on it side by side and i went to remove both and just put ubuntu on it alone.so i put my cd in the external drive and installed ubuntu. everything was awsome until it finished installing and rebooted... after the usual compaq screen there was a blank screen with just the flashing _ at the top.

meh any ideas? im trying to reinstall now

cheesekiller
November 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM
now i have reinstalled and wtf it has the gnu grub screen up....................meh it says something about pressing tab and if i do a long list of things i dont understand pops up...

reinstalling again with different cd rom and going to use multiple partitions this time.....

Favux
November 4th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Hi cheesekiller,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Try the "HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc" thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=125 starting about page 43.

cheesekiller
November 4th, 2010, 05:08 AM
ok now im gonna try 10.04 thats lucid right? i have maverick on my netbook but w.e as long as i can use my tablet again ill be happy rofl

also thanks favux it seems 10.10 is giving alot of people problems i never had a moments trouble out of it on my netbook so i was going to use the same cd to put it on the tablet but i guess 10.10 doesnt like my tablet oh well hopefully the next ubuntu version will like my tablet

cheesekiller
November 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
i got to 63% on the 10.04 install and it locked up....... im going to try it with the other cd rom drive later today:(

MyR
November 8th, 2010, 10:33 PM
You may have a problem with your CDs, your hard drive, or your optical drive. No one else is reporting issues installing any version of Ubuntu on the TC1100.