PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] City database in time zone not complete

azayrahmad
November 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone
In the first time when I installed ubuntu 10.10 into my laptop through liveUSB (my dvd rom is broken) there is a menu which you choose your location. and I'm a bit surprised to see my hometown is actually listed there (my hometown is a small suburban I don't think anyone outside will ever know) but after I use ubuntu in my laptop my initial places is no longer listed. I have to choose a new location in date and time applet, and now my hometown is no longer listed there. There are only a few big cities in my country that listed there. can I get my hometown back in the list?

gbold
November 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
You can add it by googling your zip code and getting the Latitude and Longitude, then add an entry in the time applet...
Greg

azayrahmad
November 3rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
You can add it by googling your zip code and getting the Latitude and Longitude, then add an entry in the time applet...
Greg
Thanks for answering mr.greg
well yes that I know... but what bugging me actually is that my hometown was there in installation. they have complete list of locations and when it's fully installed the list is gone. I just want to know if there's any way to get that list back so I don't have to search lat and long manually anymore