PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] New 'ubuntu' font not used after upgrade to 10.10

geometrikal
November 3rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
Hi All,

Just upgraded my second computer to 10.10, however the new ubuntu font is not being used by any of the themes. It appears in the log-in screen just fine however.

On the first computer I upgraded it all worked fine, however the upgrade disabled some ppas eg. nautilus-elementary, which i had to re-enable. Second computer I disabled the ppas first, then re-enabled them after upgrade. Weird thing is that they didn't automatically select the maverick distro, just stayed on lucid. I had to manually change them whereas for the first computer they updated themselves. Is this normal, could this indicate some bigger issue?

Thanks

geometrikal
November 4th, 2010, 02:24 AM
bump ....

SabreWolfy
November 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Same problem for me. Upgraded netbook from Lucid to Maverick via Alternate CD and Internet. After restart, the same fonts as before were used. Changing the fonts manually seems unintuitive, but maybe this is by design? Is the Ubuntu font only used on new/fresh installs maybe?

(Although this (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5909384/how_to_change_the_fonts_back_to_normal.html) site suggests that the new font is used after some upgrades.)