PDA

View Full Version : New MacBook Air Has Record Amount of Moisture Sensors

Sporkman
November 3rd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Apple has never been very happy with the prospect of fixing your iPod or iPhoneunder warranty just because you dropped it in the toilet. That’s why they’ve started cramming so many moisture sensors into the gadgets: the tiny stickers — which change color if they are exposed to an inordinate amount of moisture — give Apple an excuse to deny you service if things get too wet...

http://www.cultofmac.com/new-macbook-air-has-record-amount-of-moisture-sensors/67303

smellyman
November 3rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
can we just start a Mac Hater sub forum or something?

theraje
November 3rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
If you move certain objects from a cool atmosphere (say, an air-conditioned home) to a much warmer atmosphere (like outside in summertime), condensation happens.

Solution? Move to San Francisco, California.

Dr. C
November 3rd, 2010, 02:22 AM
So:
If one lives in a place that is humid and rains a lot such as Vancouver BC or Prince Rupert BC don't buy Apple products.
If one lives in a place where it gets very cold in the winter say -30 C or so such as Prince George BC don't buy Apple products.

3Miro
November 3rd, 2010, 02:25 AM
I was considering getting a Mac, but I live in Florida. Here in the summer, if you go out of an air-conditioned building, you get wet in seconds, not because you are sweating, but because water condenses on top of your skin.

smellyman
November 3rd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Most devices have these indicators....

Dr. C
November 3rd, 2010, 02:33 AM
I was considering getting a Mac, but I live in Florida. Here in the summer, if you go out of an air-conditioned building, you get wet in seconds, not because you are sweating, but because water condenses on top of your skin.

Here in the winter we get the opposite effect. If one comes in from the cold in the winter then one can get condensation.

KiwiNZ
November 3rd, 2010, 04:00 AM
can we just start a Mac Hater sub forum or something?

No, as Mac hate is not permitted on these Forums, refer the Code of Conduct.

smellyman
November 3rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
No, as Mac hate is not permitted on these Forums, refer the Code of Conduct.

just a jke.....

witeshark17
November 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
If you move certain objects from a cool atmosphere (say, an air-conditioned home) to a much warmer atmosphere (like outside in summertime), condensation happens.

Solution? Move to San Francisco, California. That's what a good carry case is for. :guitar:

NightwishFan
November 3rd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Haha.. "Mac Hate". It sounds really funny worded like that. I suppose just try to be honest and not assume the worst of the business. I am quite sure they will only bother with this for extreme cases. Not as an excuse to not grant returns.

era86
November 3rd, 2010, 06:02 AM
just a jke.....

Don't mess with kiwinz and his mac love..... ever...
:popcorn:

i kid i kid:P

smellyman
November 3rd, 2010, 06:51 AM

I love my Mac too

NightwishFan
November 3rd, 2010, 07:00 AM
I love my Mac too

The question is.. Does it love you? :popcorn:

smellyman
November 3rd, 2010, 07:05 AM
The question is.. Does it love you? :popcorn:

I would like to think so, but once I saw it googling "Steve Jobs shirtless" so I have my doubts.

KiwiNZ
November 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM

You should be saying

Don't mess with KiwiNZ .... ever

NightwishFan
November 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
You should be saying

Don't mess with KiwiNZ .... ever

Don't poke him either. *Pokes*

Red_Steve
November 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM

Solution? Move to San Francisco, California.

Condensation shouldn't count as an inappropriate ammount of moisture the device is exposed to. If it does it's fail. Someone got some spare money to test this out? ^^

Oxwivi
November 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
@smellyman, article said record amount. More than you'd usually find, that is.

theraje
November 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Condensation shouldn't count as an inappropriate ammount of moisture the device is exposed to. If it does it's fail. Someone got some spare money to test this out? ^^

Well, I have heard stories of people sending in devices for repair or whatnot (usually cell phones) that were refused because the "moisture alarms" inside were the wrong color.

What's bad is that the phones usually needed servicing for non-aqua-related issues.