PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Stuck RIGHT at the beginning of install?!

Jynks
November 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hi there...

I am trying to install xUbuntu as it was highly recommend to me, but I am stuck right at the beginning of installing...

I got the desktop version... loaded it up... tested it.. seamed to work fine (wireless wasn't working but i can deal with that latter)

Then I rebooted, loaded the boot again and hit install, and everything seamed fine.. but now i am at the windoiw that asks for your name and password... I selected a name, a user name a password and ticked "log me in automatically" but the "forward button is greyed out.... My password evaluates as "good" and everything has a green dot next to it...

Why can I not continue?

<--- EDIT

Still no luck.. even with a password evaluated as "strong"...

Quackers
November 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
No capital letters can be used in the username field.

Jynks
November 2nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
No capital letters can be used in the username field.

awesome... that is tottaly it thanks man... I can not believe you worked that out form what i said.. guess you heard this question b4...

man this doesn't bode well... i know this is going to be harder than a windows install but my mate thinks it is well worth it but stuck already... hmmmm i hope I can get this all working ... . .

Thanks again mate

Quackers
November 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM
You're welcome. It is a common problem. It would be better if an error message were generated, or a red X, but it isn't :-(